Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Famous Farewells / Parting Blows

Blaine, Richard "Rick" (actor - Humphrey Bogart)
"Isla, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Some day you'll understand that. Now, now. Here's looking at you kid."
Movie: Casablanca, 1942

Lecter, Hannibal "the Cannibal" (actor - Anthony Hopkins)
Movie: "I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."

Montague, Mercutio
"A plague o' both your houses, They have made worms' meat of me!"
Play: Romeo and Juliet, III, i

Butler, Rhett (actor - Clark Gable)
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!" - movie
Movie: Gone With the Wind, 1939

Hoedel, Christy (as self)
"...You are the very creature women of good breeding and education spurn as the very dirt beneath their feet. With sincerest hope that you grow into adulthood, Christy" -electronic correspondence (some parts of letter edited for sharp content).
Real Life: Christy's never-ending male saga, 2006